Thursday, September 3, 2009

Swim Team

Okay, so I am so tortured about kid's activities. I love sports and music and want my kids to have all those experiences. But it is so hard to schedule it all in. I see some families who are so overscheduled that they can barely eat together and I don't want that. I think it's pretty much inevitable once you have teenagers but at least while the kids are young I would like to have as much family time as possible. Curtis is a big fan of down time for the family. Just relaxing, playing games, reading, having a swim. Having said all that, we signed the boys up for swim team. It was insane. Practice 4 days a week for the last month of school and then every morning at 8am for the month of June. 5 or 6 meets that last for 4 hours (in the sweltering heat with a sticky, nursing baby- arghhh!) But towards the end of the season I found myself saying that maybe we should do it again next year. Swimming is such a great sport and the boys love to be in the water. It's one of those things you can still do when you are 80, which is pretty unique.