
So we are crazy. We decided on a Wednesday to go to Utah and left Friday morning. We have never really traveled more than 8 or 9 hours- not with kids anyway. Crazy. I can now officially say New Mexico is my least favorite state. ugh! I love DVD's in cars. Somehow I talked Curtis into listening to "Twilight" on CD. How was I supposed to know that the narrator had the most irritating voice on the planet and her interpretation of Edward's "velevet voice" was almost enough to make me not love him. To Curt's credit, we listened to the whole thing and he agreed that it wasn't the worst book he ever listened to. Score 1 for Cathy!
We ate really well on the way there. I had a huge tupperware of cut of watermelon and canteloup and another of fresh veggies. Lots of crackers, cheese and yogurt and water bottles for everyone. The kids were actually pretty good- minus some wrestling matches in the backseat. The main problem is that Curtis and I aren't great travelers. I get a serious headache when I drive for more than a couple of hours and Curt's back cannot take too much time sitting up. waaahhh. I know- we're old.
We had fun driving through Cortez- which of course always makes me think of my old BFF Naom. She called us a millino times to give us tips and tell us interesting facts about CO and that area. Love ya Naom!
Anyway we stopped in Moab for a couple of hours on the second day and it was so beautiful and amazing to just sit in the grass without fire ants attacking! The best part was that Lucy randomly started crawling for the first time. i think it was an automatic response to being locked in a carseat for 20 hours!
