Saturday, August 14, 2010

I love Little Folks






I kept reading blog posts about Anna Maria Horner's Little Folks Voile. Everyone talked about how buttery soft it was and how versatile. So I finally bought a bundle of it off etsy... and I am totally in love! It is maybe my favorite fabric ever. I have made a few skirts and a baby blanket so far. It is just as soft as everyone said and makes beautiful clothing. I would love to make some dresses or blouses but I'm not sure I could cut into in a way that created tiny scrapes I might have to throw away. Seriously! Everything I've made so far has been a straight cut with absolutely no waste.... I would have been such a good pioneer. :O


Anyway, here's the blanket. I want to make more. Check out this link if you want to see some of the work that inspired me. I almost always buy my fabric on etsy. I like supporting stay at home moms and love the bundles you can find here. FYI, this fabric is 54 inches wide, which explains why it seems a bit more expensive. This blanket was so simple to make and it is absolutely my favorite.