So the Half Marathon is over and it was pretty awesome. It's crazy because about a month before the race I was seriously regretting that I had signed up. My 7 and 8 mile runs were both horrible. I think my girlfriends actually made a huge difference. They were so positive and made running so fun with our good chats. Anyway, two weeks before the race we ran 10 miles and that was the last long run. I was a little bit nervous but when the actual weekend came I felt pretty good. I have to say that there is something empowering about accomplishing a difficult task that you never thought you could do. I know it's cliche but it really makes me wonder what else I'm capable of but not confident about.
Anyway, it was a great time. I mean when else can you:
2) have inspiring religious discussions
3) burn 1500 calories
4) talk kids, boobs and politics
5) celebrate with a trip to "In 'N Out" which -gasp- is possibly better than Culver's
6) get a medal (b/c everyone gets one!!)
7) catch up with an old high school bff
