Thursday, May 3, 2012

Stay Green

I found something useful on pinterest!  Mostly it just makes me want to diet while eating brownies and dying my hair.  But this green smoothie recipe rocks.  It has peanut butter in it which sounded awful to me but even Curtis likes it (and he is not a PB guy).  The boys hate it.  Isaac said it tastes "...like bread."  whatever.  I've tweaked it a bit and it's an awesome way to start the day and get your greens!



My buddy here kept talking about green smoothies and I thought they just sounded wrong.  She finally had to come over and make me drink one.  I really do like them.  The kids are on and off.  If I make them yummy with lots of pineapple/orange and banana then they'll drink it.  Anyway, here's the PB recipe if you're feeling brave. 

1 banana
1 scoop yogurt (I like greek plain)
1 Tbsp peanut butter (more or less as you like it)
1 tsp honey or agave (you need to sweeten the plain yogurt taste)
2 tsp flax, maybe more- I just sprinkle it in
1 scoop protein powder
4-5 cups greens (spinach, kale and chard)
2 cups ice
1/2 cup water

I don't like it too thick so sometimes I add a little more water.  Curtis likes it thick.  The end.