Monday, September 10, 2012

Echino Panel Quilt


Still loving Echino Fabrics.  Can't resist those colors!  I made this quilt in the spring for my sister-in-law as a little lap blanket.  It actually went really fast.  I don't know if it's the fact that it's fall or the kiddos are back in school but I am in the MOOD to sew!  I also went to a Matilda Jane party the other day.  Wow- some of it is a bit fluffy for me but some of it is a.dorable.  It made me wanna dip into my fabric stash and make some fun stuff for Lucy.

Blankets, skirts, dresses... wish I knew how to make little under knickers for Lucy to wear with her dresses and skirts.  I'll look into that.  Several of my sewing buddies have moved away :( but I know there are lots more friends here to sew with. 

I'm so thankful to my mom for teaching me to sew.  I used to make these awful little skirts out of random fabric she had.  They weren't very fashionable but they did teach me how to hem and do an elastic band and once you know that you can do so many things. 


I keep wanting to make those cute crayon holders or maybe a little bag for Lucy.  I saw this cutest horse-shaped purse at Katy Budget Books today!  I'm not pregnant so I think it must be the fact that school is back in session.  Let the sewing begin!:)