Friday, November 2, 2012

My new favorite Salsa

We were having fajitas the other night and had no salsa so I thought I would make some.  I've been using Pioneer Woman's recipe for awhile and like it pretty well.  I had some red pepper and onions cooking on the stove for the fajitas and didn't feel like chopping up more onion so I just added some of the sauteed onion/pepper to the salsa.  Okay. Yum. 



Here's the recipe:  You may want to just drink it with a straw

1 can rotel (tomoatoes & green chilis- I had never heard of this before moving to TX)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 clove garlic
1/2 jalapano (wait till it's a bit red b/c I'm wimpy)
Juice from 1 lime

1/2 large onion
1/2 red pepper
saute in 2 tsp oil for 20 minutes

1/2 bunch cilantro
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp sugar
salt to taste

I just throw all ingredients in a food processor or blender.  So yummy on fajitas, or as dip for corn tacos with beans & cheese or with eggs and chopped tortillas.  I could live on Mexican. Oh.... and... we have lemons!!