We took a mom and kids road trip to Destin this summer! It was super last minute for me (like I decided the day before- ahhh!) But I'm so glad we did- it was fantastic! We left at 5am- of course the kiddos were wide awake and no sleeping in the car. We listened to The Great Brain and John Bytheway for most of the drive and those basically saved our lives. I never would have been able to drive for 10 hours straight otherwise. The kids were good in the car and we had a late lunch at The Golden Corral (which for the record is pretty much as barfy as I remembered it and really not cheap for light eaters like mine. I did enjoy the meatloaf though)
One of the highlights of our trip was visiting Fort Pickins. This was an old Civil War Fort and it actually help the famous Native American, Geronimo (which made me really sad actually). It was neat to see this piece of history though.
A gigantic front rolled in just as we were leaving the beach at Fort Pickens. Sort of expected an alien ship to be behind it.
Playing board games and eating ice cream cones in the lobby. The Hampton Inn at Navarre was awesome. They were so accommodating and we were able to get some Bananagrams in! YES