Thursday, November 20, 2008

November 4th, 2008


Well, our baby was due on October 30 but it was no suprise to anyone that she didn't come on that day. My doctors wanted to induce me earlier but I wanted to wait just a bit since all of my kids have been overdue. We agreed on election day! It was so strange to wake up that morning and know the baby was coming. I was really nervous b/c I had heard so many negative induction stories. It didn't help that they wouldn't let me eat and I was STARVING! Long story short... everything went smoothly. I was induced at 6:30am. Things got rough around 10am and by 11:30 I asked for demerol. The nurse told me I would feel like I'd had a couple of margaritas. Okay, if that's what margaritas do to you then I'm glad I don't drink. I was seriously hallucinating but it didn't take the pain away- it just made it so that I couldn't think straight and breathe through the contractions. Arghh! After an hour of that I asked for an epidural and the relief was immediate. Yea!! Two hours later, I was ready to push and felt up to it b/c I'd been napping :) In three pushes she was out! (Sorry, that wasn't short)