


We went to Missouri for Thanksgiving. It was awesome! The car ride was long but not that bad. We did the drive in about 13 hours and agreed that it's better to just do it in one day and be done with it! The hotel made mistake on our reservation and gave us two rooms to make up for it. That totally made a difference. Having enough beds and two bathrooms and two TV's... yep- that helps. The kids were great and it was so fun to see the fam in MO.
Everyone made us feel so welcome and it was fun to see the kids play.
Highlights: The Food- amazing. Pretty sure I gained several pounds from soup, bread, pesole, Brenda's awesome pizza, a fabulous Thanksgiving feast, Nate's pumpkin pie (pretty much the best I've ever had!)..., A trip to the Botanical Gardens- this is my dream job someday. Plants make me so happy, A trip to the zoo. I think the Goliath Spider was my favorite (it eats birds and frogs!), Playing games like Tetris, Blokus and Phase 10, singing Christmas carols around the piano (Dang- my family can sing! I loved Lullay Thou Tiny Child, Angels We Have Heard on High, and all the Primary Christmas songs, Listening to Curtis and John rock out in the music room, watching Rachel's movie, just talking and laughing.
As always we were glad to be in our own beds again but this was a great trip. So glad we could make these memories!











