Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Who Am I?


I just realized why I hate facebook. I joined a couple of years ago at the urging of several friends. Since that time I have reconnected with old friends from high school and church, lots of people I hadn't talk to in years. I caught up with old boyfriends and buddies and have had the chance to see pics of their kids. All of this has been fun... but also a little strange. And I finally know why. Drum rolll... I am different with different people. I don't joke about prostitution with my parents but tramp is a term of endearment for my old roomies. I try to maintain some level of respectibility with the youth at church but laugh at SNL skits with my sister. I have strong opinions about religion, politics, parenting, you name it but I don't want to debate or even share these with everyone. I can play the role of serious sahm or revert back to my "Jagged Little Pill" days. Do I have mulitple personality disorder? Am I just a total hypocrite? I know this isn't a problem for everyone. I bet there are lots of people who are always the same- no matter who their with. I sort of envy them but that's not who I am either. Anyway... long story short: I'm slowly going to exit the facebook scene. You'll miss me.