Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Rainbows and friends

When Jonah was three we went to a little playgroup with some moms from church. This is one of my favorite new mom memories. In Minnesota it was pretty rare for any of my friends to put their kids in preschool before the age of 4. So we decided to do our own version. We got together weekly. The person who hosted had a simple lesson and then we all had lunch together. Oh and everyone stayed the whole time, which was great because we all got to talk and get to know eachother. I learned so much from these great moms. Sometimes I think that preschool is a bum rap because it replaces this kind of get together.

Anyway I have found something similar here in TX for Lucy and it has been so fun. One great thing about this playgroup is that there is no expectation of a fantastic lesson (really we just do a small craft) and everyone helps prep the lunch and clean up. I hosted last week and after it was over I realized that I wasn't stressed out and my house wasn't a mess. So nice! Which left me with a little energy to make these happy rainbow pudding pops.


They took about 10 minutes of prep and then needed a couple of hours in the freezer to harden. I used one large pack on instant vanilla pudding, divided it into 6 bowls, added some food coloring and spooned it into small cups with sticks. Easy and pretty!