I can't believe General Conference is here again. As I get older I appreciate this wonderful weekend more and more. Sitting through 8 hours of church talks doesn't sounds appealing at first but the messages are so uplifting and hopeful we end up feeling rejuvinated. I am so grateful to live in a time and place where I can easily hear God's prophet speak!.
Some things that help our family through the weekend:
1) Good food. Popcorn and apples, fruit smoothies, a huge veggie plate with hummus and Red Hot Blues (yumma), M&M cookie dough, and ribs for dinner (this is my kid's all time fav). I bought the ingredients to make ice cream and if we are champions we'll get on that!
2) Conference coloring and writing. Some years I am really cool and make each kid a folder with some great printouts. Some years we just have paper and colored pencils. I even like to color while listening
3) A comfy space to watch and listen. This year we got rid of cable but we are able to watch it on our computer upstairs. Beanbags, pillows and blankets help us stay comfortable while watching and allow for that inevitable conference nap. :O
4) For the last few years we have invited friends over to watch the last session on Sunday and then stay for dinner. We have been really suprised at how well behaved the kids are (especially if you invite someone they don't know as well) and it's just fun to have some company (helps curb the Sunday afternoon nap as well!). This year we are going solo since Isaac has a fever and was throwing up yesterday. dang!
Some things that help our family through the weekend:
1) Good food. Popcorn and apples, fruit smoothies, a huge veggie plate with hummus and Red Hot Blues (yumma), M&M cookie dough, and ribs for dinner (this is my kid's all time fav). I bought the ingredients to make ice cream and if we are champions we'll get on that!
2) Conference coloring and writing. Some years I am really cool and make each kid a folder with some great printouts. Some years we just have paper and colored pencils. I even like to color while listening
3) A comfy space to watch and listen. This year we got rid of cable but we are able to watch it on our computer upstairs. Beanbags, pillows and blankets help us stay comfortable while watching and allow for that inevitable conference nap. :O
4) For the last few years we have invited friends over to watch the last session on Sunday and then stay for dinner. We have been really suprised at how well behaved the kids are (especially if you invite someone they don't know as well) and it's just fun to have some company (helps curb the Sunday afternoon nap as well!). This year we are going solo since Isaac has a fever and was throwing up yesterday. dang!
