A few weeks ago the youth at church performed "From Cumorah's Hill." I figured that seeing teenage boys singing, and about their testimonies, would be good for Jonah, so he and I made it a date.
The performance was terrific. I was so impressed with the young men and woman. Jonah really enjoyed it as well and I know it inspired him because he has volunteered to sing a solo at church on Father's Day (absolutely unprecedented!). What's really interesting is that I've had the "Cumorah's Hill" CD for a year or so. My brother recommended it. I listened to it once or twice and thought it was meh- and truthfully I usually sort of cringe at any of the Kapp Perry music. After seeing the performance here though, I have been listening to it at least once a day! The harmony and beautiful messages keep choking me up.
I've noticed the same thing with musical pieces that I sing as well. And gulp- I'm embarrassed to admit that after reading/watching "Twilight" I decided to learn "Claire de Lune." I've never particularly enjoyed that piano piece before and now it's one of my favs. So at first I was thinking that watching things live really changes your perception of them. I think that's true but then I guess any kind of happy association can do it. Am I crazy? Anyone else have this happen?
So next month Curtis and I are going to see "Wicked." I CANNOT wait. I already adore the soundtrack... pretty much expect to see me with my face painted green. :)
madeleine grace cosby
8 years ago
