Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day Spa

I have many wonderful Fathers in my life. I am so grateful for my own Dad. A few of my favorite memories: Working out in the garden together, Building all kinds of projects in our garage (including "The Moo-ver"- a first rate mouse trap car), Getting out of the car to go check out someone's garbage, because one man's trash is another man's treasure!, Driving out of the city and laying on top of our van watching the stars in freezing cold weather (a car actually stopped to see if we were okay), Wincing as he whistled and sang loudly while walking hand in hand with me through my high school after a play, Walking in on him praying, Lots of dancing and laughing...

But I'm also blessed to have wonderful brothers, brothers-in-law and of course my Curtis. I literally thank God every night that he is the father of my children. I am so thankful for all of these men for their examples and efforts to be great husbands and fathers.

For Father's Day at our house, we had a lovely breakfast and headed off to church. Curtis wasn't feeling so hot and I told the boys we needed to pamper him a bit when we got home. Here's what they came up with (on their own):


They had French accents & mustaches. They cracked his toes and scratched his head, made him a booklet with a menu (his choices for food were mac and cheese or tuna) and games while he waited for his food.


It was a good day.