
I love Heather Cosby because she brought me some bread a few weeks ago and it was amazing. (wait, I love her for lots of reasons! :) But I was blown away when she said she made it using the recipe in "Artisan Bread in 5 minutes a day."
We love yummy crusty bread with soups, pasta or just served with cheese and meat. My Better Homes and Gardens recipe is okaaay hot out of the oven but very so-so beyond that. Lately I've been buying ciabatta or specialty bread at $3-4/loaf.
Anyway, I finally got the book ("Artisan Bread...") and read the first 5 chapters. I learned a lot and finally tried making the bread yesterday. It turned out SO good and is honestly the easiest bread I've ever made! Easy and fabulous?!? How often does that happen?? I was sort of freaking out at dinner b/c it tasted just like yummy French bakery bread, so crusty and chewy! (In college we called this "Bobbing Out" - see "What About Bob" for more info.) The kids were a little bit afraid. And... I just had some for lunch and it's still fabulous. I highly recommend getting your hands on that book if you love good bread!
Check out that crust!

