
So a couple of months ago I knew I had to let Lucy CIO at night. Up until that point I was nursing her to sleep. She was really wakeful during naps and at night, making me crazy and I knew she needed more rest. So I pulled out my handy emergency video (bought it one night online in utter desperation). It's called "Your Baby Can Sleep." Not rocket science but it helped me a lot. I was seriously one of those people who thought that letting your baby cry was akin to child abuse. No offense to anyone who still feels that way- I really believe everyone just has to walk their path. That's deep. And now I will go do some yoga.

Anyhoo... making this quilt totally got me through those nights of listening to my sweet baby cry. It was the perfect distraction and now we have a snuggly quilt for the living room! Yeah! This quilt from quiltdad really inspired me. I also got the idea of an orange border from an awesome quilt made by someone named "Little Grey Dog" online. But I can't seem to find the link now. Film in the Fridge is due credit for the backing. I love her site- she is seriously responsible for getting me interested in quilting! :) And aren't my quilt holders awesome?

I know all the patterns are sort of random but I just had to have all of them in this quilt... together.
It's a mishmosh of Amy Butler, Heather Bailey, Michael Miller, Erin McMorris, etc. I'm such a nerd. I had never heard of these people a few months ago and now... I'm getting choked up. :O I tried hand binding another quilt recently and am WAY too impatient to ever do that again. So my binding doesn't look awesome but "it'll do."
I had it professionally top quilted because I was afraid I would ruin it in my machine. I like the pattern but wish I had just used white or clear thread. I think the orange is a bit distracting from all the great fabrics. But I'm still really happy with it and look forward to years of snuggling with it.
I had it professionally top quilted because I was afraid I would ruin it in my machine. I like the pattern but wish I had just used white or clear thread. I think the orange is a bit distracting from all the great fabrics. But I'm still really happy with it and look forward to years of snuggling with it.

